Monday, November 28, 2011

WT: Correspondence with Greg Allen, Canada, Milena Mladenova in Bulgaria, Gustavo Litwin, Argentina & Elmono Enbici, Equador & Photos from the HimalayasX2011

 60 days, 3240km by standing train, 3200km by bicycle, 500km by hitch-hiking, People, Places, Cultures, Languages, Open Spaces, The Taklamakan, Tian Shan Mountains, The Silk Road, The Karakoram Highway, The northern Himalayas, Sichuan Province and Yunnan Province. An expedition in western China by bike.
 AN DAE GI of Gangneung Bike Mart, Official sponsor of the HimalayasX2011. 
 Bicycle Workshop in Gangneung, Gangwon-do, Korea
 Ben Bndr from Germany helped carry gear into Beijing
 Beijing's Gothic Train Station. Route to Urumqi, Xinjiang/Uyghur Autonomous Region, China
 Blackcat redesigned for expeditions is finally ready to roll out in China.
  • Yesterday
    Greg Allen
    • Hi Brian,
      I'm talking to the club's media person about getting the news here to run your story. Hopefully it's a go! Also, if you are in Windsor for any length of time I'd love for you to speak to the members about your adventure.
      Ttyl
      Greg
  • Yesterday
    Brian Perich
    • Oh wow Greg, that's very cool. I'm definitely working on this A2A (Arctic 2 Argentina) project and it's a go for June 22-August 22, 2012. I will be arriving in Anchorage, Alaska and riding to the Arctic Circle and back to Vancouver, BC in less than 60 days, it will be hard (like China) and I am proving myself worthy for recognition as an Explorer and Adventure Cyclist.

      It's tough, but I will overcome everything standing in my way for a good charity and cause like IDEAS foundation is working towards with IBD (inflammatory bowel disease, which has affected my brother for about 15 years now, it's really hard, not unlike my expedition).

      Yes, I could speak to the club members and inspire some younger riders to join us in Essex County, the message could get out there through the Windsor Star, or like earlier in the LaSalle Silhouette and Lakeshore News, those papers went all over the county and city, I heard from a lot of old friends there, even some in Asia via their parents receiving the newspaper. Bob (Robert Earl) Stewart writes for them, he was my contact person earlier.

      I am here in Korea until the NW2012, Northwest expedition with yours truly in June 2012-August 2012. Can it be done successfully, I think so. If any riders want to prepare and take a break from Crits and road racing for a few weeks or the summer, I'd be happy to assist in recommending gear for the expedition. I know how to do things cheaper now, as far as, building an expedition bike out of MTB (rather than a touring bike, which i do have on reserve). Financially, it's been a mission to launch. China was a great shot at doing something impossible and really accomplishing it

      Alright, anything I can do to help, I have the previous media stories for references, Bob (Robert Earl Stewart)'s was really good. The recent news for the Korea Herald national English newspaper was good coverage, shared now with ETE (Education Through Expeditions) my new partner on expeditions, they recognized me as a Ambassador Explorer with some big names in Polar exploring, that's quite an honor for me. I will continue to work hard to push the limits to deserve such recognition. Antony Jinman, Polar Explorer (North Pole expedition completed last year!) is supportive, we are personal friends and I think his foundation is inspiring.

      I am looking for sponsorship in Windsor, local businesses or individuals that wish to support a Canadian-led expedition supporting IDEAS, in partnership with ETE, they should give me a call, any financial support would be graciously accepted.

      Cheers! Need any other information, let me know!

      Media news this week from Korea, posted by ETE in the UK:
      http://etenews.org/wp/


      Brian Perich, Explorer Ambassador
      Te. 82.10.8075.5121
      Em. bpexpedition@gmail.com
      Em. tesol2000@gmail.com
      Skype: prof.brian.perich
      W1 http://arctic2argentina.com/
      W2 http://korean-world.blogspot.com/
 UCC Cycles - Beijing helped supply "Zip Ties" to secure the front racks. Good for 3200km+
 Craig also helped carry extra equipment, hosted me, treated me right. Thanks Brother!
 IDEAS foundation was with me all the way.
 That is a one-way ticket to start an expedition across Western China, $50.
 Boats ferrying the green trimmings around the Summer Palace, Beijing
 Lucky Dragon was a good place to stay while completing the rack/pannier setup
 Met some other WORLD CYCLISTS from Canada too!
 All the hard training for 10 weeks paid off, beginning to look like a professional cyclist again. (:
 Correspondence with Milena (Bulgaria):


 3240km, 36 hours, with all these people between cars, oh my !!!
 Correspondence with Elmino (Equador):
  • 6 minutes ago
    Elmono Enbici
    • I know how is to get lonely when I am on my bike but cheer up mate you can do it, after all that is part of the fun and at the end of the day your family will be waiting for you back home.

      Have a safe ride!
      elmono enbici.
  • about a minute ago
    Brian Perich
    • Yes, it is lonely. But good you know. I love the feeling of the body getting stronger and disappearing in the process. I lost 20kg on the expedition in western China, 10kg dropped in 10 weeks FIT training before leaving, another 10kg lost while riding without food, or explosive diarrhea in the desert. It is a good experience, I want to write a book when the story is finished Arctic to Argentina, nothing else in my life comes close, I am just ordinary in every way. I am a teacher in Korea, this place doesn't care, the students don't listen very well, and times passes without a major victory. Cycling and expeditions are life and death, so it's very good when you make it!!! haha

      Cheers,

      Brian Perich
      http://korean-world.blogspot.com/ 
      Gangneung, Korea
 HimalayasX2011 is about to become history.
 36 hour marathon standing on a train across China
 Northern Silk Road to Aksu - Kashgar
 Borohoro ranges of the Tian Shan Mountains
 Camping and Cycling - a Dream adventure begins!
 Inspiration comes from inside YOU!
 Correspondence with Gustavo (Argentina):
  • about an hour ago
    Gustavo Litwin
    • Hello!!! Thanks for adding me!!!
    • The pictures are from the North Patagonia!!!
  • about an hour ago
    Brian Perich
    • Oh geez, truly amazing!
  • about an hour ago
    Gustavo Litwin
    • Near Andacollo and Chos Malal in the north pof the Province of Neuquen
  • about an hour ago
    Brian Perich
    • Did you see where I am "trying to go" Argentina from Canada, starting next summer from Alaska! haha, take a few yearshttp://arctic2argentina.com/
  • about an hour ago
    Gustavo Litwin
    • You are invited to visit this place!!! Thjat's great!!!
  • about an hour ago
    Gustavo Litwin
    • All your adventures!!!
    • When you'll arrive I show around!!
  • about an hour ago
    Brian Perich
    • Wow, that would be great news to hear
    • The journey will be, very difficult for many reasons, my family in Korea, my wife doesn't like this dream and I am getting closer now to making it a reality, tough choices, hard to live without the bike, or love from my wife
  • about an hour ago
    Gustavo Litwin
    • Book my phone number in Argentina. I live with my family in Cipolletti, Rio Negro. 
      I can imagine that those are really hard decisions to make!!
  • about an hour ago
    Brian Perich
    • OKAY, I TAKE IT DOWN NOW
  • about an hour ago
    Gustavo Litwin
    • It's hard to make same choices!!
    • But I supose that you might go following your dreams!!! 
      I wish you good luck!!!
  • about an hour ago
    Brian Perich
    • Very very hard. The dream comes closer with each step, each battle in my mind/body on the bike, China expedition was my first step, a stronger one, the best one in my life
  • about an hour ago
    Gustavo Litwin
    • your goals are amazing, you know that!! Just keep on going
    • Don't give up!!! Your family will understand and support you!!
  • about an hour ago
    Brian Perich
    • I need to convince my wife, I have been trying with her for the last 3 years, slowly, the answer is yes, in family, it's hard for other members to believe, in friendships, i find people believe in me
  • about an hour ago
    Gustavo Litwin
    • Here you've got a hand, a house that we'll share any time!! count on it
  • about an hour ago
    Brian Perich
  • about an hour ago
    Gustavo Litwin
    • Thanks!!! I'll visit it!!! Let's keep on contact!!
  • about an hour ago
    Brian Perich
    • We can live on an island, always dream, never achieve, or swim out across the ocean!
    • Okay, thanks & welcome to my adventures Gustavo ^_^ 
  • about an hour ago
    Gustavo Litwin
    • Ha, ha... That's true!!! I wish you all your dreams come true!!!


We are told never to cross a bridge until we come to it, but this world is owned by men who have 'crossed bridges' in their imagination far ahead of the crowd -anonymous.

LIVE YOUR BEST, BELIEVE IN YOURSELF, LOVE YOUR FRIENDS, FORGIVE YOUR ENEMIES, LIVE WITHOUT REGRETS WHEN THE LIVING WAS GOOD. FIND PEACE TOO.
-Brian Perich

No comments:

Please share the free inspiration and adventure cookbook with all your friends and families (:

Ted Simon Foundation

About the Korean-World Author

Brian Perich was an English as a Foreign Language (EFL) lecturer for a decade, father, and adventure cyclist based in South Korea.

Previously, Brian has led Canoe adventures in Quetico Provincial Park, Atikokan, Ontario, Canada (1993/1999); led Grand American camping adventures (2000); lived at Paramahansa Yogananda's SRF Ashram for 5 months (see the film "AWAKE"), formerly worked in titanium welding at Agilent Technologies, formerly worked in Winery industry in Marin County with Kendall Jackson in California; Surfing and Meditation continued for several years in California, British Columbia, South Korea, Yoga training in California 1999-2000.

Between 1994-1998 - Brian completed his own adventures with motorcycles. His motorcycling marathons took him across the United States and central/western Canada, while traveling solo over an astounding 24,000km in 60 days! Brian endured 900 mile/1300km average days in the motorcycle saddle and apparently loved every minute of those adventures.

Today, he has given up motorcycle adventures altogether, but finds an outlet for his enthusiasm in outdoor recreation while bicycle touring and micro-blogging about those experiences on his mountain bikes.

While employed as an English teacher in South Korea, Brian has became an advocate for bicycle touring on his mountain bikes. The Korean-World blog originated from those small adventures in Korea, now expanded to cover his recent trek down the TransMongolian highway to the Gobi Desert, cycling 900km east through the Khentii grasslands and in 2012 crossing Mongolia in 45 days, 2500 kilometers 1553 miles. HimalayasX expedition Brian previously cycled across western China, the Taklamakan Desert, the northern Himalayas of East Turkestan Xinjiang/Uyghur Autonomous Region, the corrugated back roads and mountains of Kham Tibet. Brian successfully completed his 2011 mountain bike expedition with 3200 kilometers / 1988 miles unsupported, on/off road MTB adventure cycling.
Brian has completed his second mountain bike journey, MongoliaX expedition - Crossing Mongolia 2012, an unsupported mountain bike MTB expedition across 2500km of Outer Mongolia from Ulanbaatar to Altai Taven-Bogd National Park bordering China, Russia and Mongolia.


In 2013, as a sequel to a trilogy of cycle tours, Brian enjoyed a more leisure bicycle tour onboard his Koga-Miyata World Traveller seeing the northern tier of the United States and western Canada covering 3400 kilometers / 2000 miles in 30 days. This North American cycle tour was called Totherocktour. Enjoying the adventure of bicycle travel and every great conversation started while traveling on the road - has refueled his inspirations to cycle around the Earth. In 2013, while he cycled solo from the Great Lake State of Michigan, United States to Banff National Park in the Canadian Rocky Mountains. He weaved through local communities and reconnected with friends, family and community after spending almost a decade in Asia.


Brian is now supporting several non-profit foundations through expeditions: IDEAS Foundation of Canada IDEAS is the acronym for Intestinal Disease Education and Awareness Society which supports the IBD community, those suffering from IBD-inflammatory bowel disease, also known as Crohn's and Ulcerative Colitis.


The second non-profit foundation is ETE.ORG - Education Through Expeditions, UK which supports educational outreach programs inside schools around the world. ETE connects explorers with students in the classroom, through an interactive online program in development (Beta).


Brian is researching support for a 18000 kilometer bicycle expedition across the Americas: North, Central and South America - ONE -Arctic to Argentina
Please contact him if you are interested in helping out.

Twitter: Cycleagain
Location: Gangneung, Gangwon-do, South Korea or southern Ontario, Canada.

Thanks for visiting my Journal from Asia

I hope you enjoy the updates!

This site is best viewed in Google Chrome

Brian's friends have also been...Cycling in Korea!

Brian's friends have also been...Cycling in Korea!

Cycling in Korea, Warning: always wear a helmet! (I gave mine to my friend)

Cycling in Korea, Warning: always wear a helmet! (I gave mine to my friend)

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...