Ortlieb panniers are world-renowned for their durable quality, reliability and in the Roller Classic -Waterproof build, all of which is ideal for the experienced cycle tourer.
• Classical rear pannier (pair) with roll closure (Waterproof)
• QL1 mounting system (quality build, reliable, tough)
• Sides of PS 490 nylon material, front and back of PD 620
• Including integrated inner pocket and shoulder strap (Carry it with you)
• Pannier can be easily mounted to racks with a diameter up to 16 mm, reduction pieces for 8 mm and 11 mm rack diameters included
• Top QL hooks and lower sliding hook adjustable with Allen key no. 3
• Can be used individually (e.g. for shopping, sports, picknick)
• Can be combined with the ORTLIEB Rack-Pack or Dry Bag (100L) for tent/sleeping accessories
• Proven quality -used on numerous RTW (ROUND-THE-WORLD) expeditions
• Highly reflective Scotchlite reflector
• Simultaneous use of ORTLIEB Travel-Biker, Bike-Box or Shuttle possible
• Ortlieb products are made in GERMANY. Manufacturers warranty. Easy installation.
• Optional accessories: ORTLIEB carrying system,outer pocket/s size S, mesh pocket, bottle cage
• Panniers come as a pair with shoulder strap (length appr. 75cm)
If you plan to use this pannier with a carrier rack, the Tubus Cosmos in stainless-steel construction, weighing in 680 grams (24 oz) is the expedition rack for long hauls, or long-lasting performance. The Tubus Cosmos is wider than previous models and has a load capacity of 30kg/66lbs. If you are looking for that feather-light carrier rack, you should consider the new ultralight Tubus Carry at 385 grams (in titanium) with a load capacity of 30kg/66 lbs. For world touring, it's recommended to use stainless steel or chromoly steel which can be repaired in case of an accident/breakdown. I have ordered the Tubus Cosmos and will be fitting it to my MTB. I'll feature some reviews when the assembly is complete, and instructions on how to install (modify) for use on mountain bikes. In communications with a reputable dealer and friend (see earlier posts and will be used on my Arctic2Argentina Expedition in 2012), the Tubus Cosmos is highly regarded as an industry carrier component for bicycle touring and long-distance expeditions. Tubus Swing is the ideal front rack for a MTB expedition build to support from panniers.
[SURLY LONG HAUL TRUCKER FRAMESET]
[TUBUS COSMOS SS EXPEDITION RACK]
[ORTLIEB BIKE BACKER PLUS -REAR PANNIERS]