Other notes: Arctic 2 Argentina 2012-2013
The expedition kit has finally arrived (another story, to be told another time). The good news is, there is enough equipment to prepare for the next stages of winter training in Korea (and camping year-round too).
- Equipment list (ordered/received):
- REI -20 Expedition mummy bag *(liner undecided. I liked the old polyester blanket I sewn into 1)
- Lightweight REI compression sack (for mummy), 20L size fits perfect.
- Smart Wool complete base layer (expedition tube socks, long underwear top/bottoms, balaclava)
- Titanium cookset (very light weight pieces, not robust like MEC stainless -where 1 pot does it all)
- Northface tent (tentative for 2012), 3-season Tadpole, also footprint accessory. Might replace this.
- Ortlieb Front-Roller, Ortlieb back-Roller Classic panniers (black)
- Thermarest Prolite self-inflatable sleeping mat. (comfortable, tacks sleeping bag, good length/width)
- 2009 Koga-Miyata World Traveller complete with Tubus racks and accessories for expedition.
- Needs list (to be determined):
- Headlights (D.I.Y.) ***dyno-regenerated power supply for electronics/lighting (notes)
- Trailer (BOB or Xtrawheel)
- Cook stove (Coleman Exponent Feather 442 Dual-Fuel Backpacking stove, or similar white gas/auto)
- Footwear for cold climate cycling (to be determined after further research)
- GoPro HD Hero Camera (modified battery kit*)
- Macbook computer
- SPOT device, GPS tracking only.
- Maps, paper or GPS
My Baba (grandmother) passed away this month in Canada, she was 101 and the soul connection in my life. She is now resting in peace, I will miss her dearly. She will remain my rock, my inspiration to live out my remaining days, to the fullest possible extent. It's what she would have wanted for me, I love you Baba.
Brian in Korea